Career opportunity details
Strategy and Advisory Consultant
|Capability:||Governance & Assurance|
CTO Group is pleased to welcome expressions of interest from accomplished IT professionals who are looking to take the next step in their career into a position providing strategic advice to clients.
To be successful in this role, you will to bring an extensive career in delivering IT services, enterprise architecture and/or solution design to major Government departments or private sector companies. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, and bring excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
In your role at CTO Group, you will work at the highest levels to provide strategic and independent advice on how technology can support business requirements and IT-enabled projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers with a primary focus on developing IT-enabled business outcomes at multiple levels throughout a client’s enterprise.
- Assist clients to solve business problems with technology solutions, interacting directly with key client stakeholders to develop strategies, roadmaps and plans that help clients realise business outcomes, increase return on investment, leverage new technologies, decrease costs and improve operational efficiencies through transformational activities.
- Provide insight and thought leadership to help align a client’s people, processes and technology to maximise value from their IT investments, and to shape what future investments need to be.
- Create innovative solutions for clients both within project teams and as an individual thought leader, adapting methods and practices to fit client needs.
- Previous experience working in a professional services or Tier 1 consulting environment in a consulting, advisory, architecture or design role.
- Excellent written communications skills across a wide range of documentation styles including, strategic assessment reports, roadmaps and architecture designs at the enterprise level.
- Professional presence, confidence and presentation skills when operating at the most senior levels of an organisation.
- Significant experience working in a client-facing role.
- A self-starter, comfortable working on own initiative as well as within multi-disciplined teams.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Adept at verbal and electronic presentation.
- Must be willing to obtain a Federal Government security clearance. To meet this requirement you must be an Australian citizen.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in the IT field.
- Architecture and/or IT service and project management qualifications (e.g. TOGAF/ITIL/PRINCE2).
- Experience working in an environment based on Agile (SCRUM other otherwise) methodology.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts through visual design platforms such as Microsoft Visio.